Emma has been wiggling her first "looth tooth" for a few weeks now. She proudly shows it to everyone and has been looking forward to this for years...literally. So, today she came bounding home from school and announced "mom, look it came out!" Here are a few statements from our cute girl about this remarkable occasion:
Mom: how did it come out? "It wasn't our housekeeper, or the nanny who is having a playdate with Xander and his friend at our house right now, but it was another lady in the lobby - she just pulled it out! and then said to drink some cold water to stop the bleeding" I later found out that it was someone from housekeeping who works in our apartment building - NICE!
"Mom, my friend Zoe got stickers from the tooth fairy, that's how I know that the tooth fairy is real."
"I'm going to polish my tooth with my toothbrush and toothpaste to make it all shiny for the tooth fairy."
"Did you know that tooth faries make their houses and castles out of the teeth they collect? They use the real shiny ones for special decoration."
"I'm going to write her a note and tell her that I would like a chocolate bar." Later, she said that the tooth fairy could give her anything and it didn't matter. It didn't need to be a chocolate bar.
"Mom, how will the tooth fairy know that I lost my tooth?" Mom: Oh, don't worry, she'll know. "Oh right. I bet she has one of those monitors and she can see when kids lose their teeth."
"Mom, how will she get into our house?" Mom: Probably just like Santa Clause. "I bet that I have a very small hole in my window and she can make herself really small and get in - that's probably how the bugs and mosquitoes get in anyway."
"I move around a lot when I sleep. What if I lose my tooth?" Mom: Don't worry you can just keep it in the baggie. "Should I leave it open so that she can get in there?" Mom: I think you can close it. She'll know what to do. "Oh, that's right, silly me, she has a magic wand."
Right now I'm wishing I would have prepared a little more for this day. When we were growing up, my mom had a "tooth fairy doll" with a special pocket for a tooth. The doll was so beautiful, I was sure that the real tooth fairy looked just like her. We would get to sleep with this doll whenever we lost a tooth. And in the morning, in place of the lost tooth would be a shiny new quarter. It's a dreamy, magical memory for me. I almost feel like I need to end this entry with: And they all lived happily ever after.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's so funny that some random woman cleaning your building reached right in and pulled it out. I would've liked to have seen that. Sounds like Emma is so excited about it. So cute. The tooth fairy doll sounds so fun.
I was a huge wimp with losing my teeth. I wouldn't let anybody near it. I'd seen my dad pull out my siblings teeth and NO THANK YOU! I'd let them get so lose that some mornings I'd wake up and they'd be gone. Digested probably. Small price to pay for no pain. :) But the tooth fairy still gave me a quarter. :)
Emma cracks me up! I love her imagination...so thrall. And, now I have tooth fairy doll envy. What a cute idea. Congrats Emma!
That's so funny! It's amazing how kids somehow know about things like that.
Post a Comment