On my way to the grocery store I have to cross a major road that has a pedestrian crosswalk, but no traffic light. I often think "this is crazy!" as I cross the street, sometimes I get angry, and more often I just wish I had the camera. So tonight I grabbed the camera so you can see first-hand what my journey looks like. Please step into Hanoi traffic with me and enjoy! By the way, I have been wanting to film this ever since we got to Hanoi. Christian just beat me to the punch with that great video he found online a week ago.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
My trip to the grocery store tonight...
On my way to the grocery store I have to cross a major road that has a pedestrian crosswalk, but no traffic light. I often think "this is crazy!" as I cross the street, sometimes I get angry, and more often I just wish I had the camera. So tonight I grabbed the camera so you can see first-hand what my journey looks like. Please step into Hanoi traffic with me and enjoy! By the way, I have been wanting to film this ever since we got to Hanoi. Christian just beat me to the punch with that great video he found online a week ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That is absolutely insane. I would get so aggravated and probably run across the street screaming, arms flailing.
- Suzy (Ben's wife)
Looooovvveee It!!! I love the music with the video! It's perfect! I would go crazy. At least a couple of people slowed down for you! Love you lots!
Natalie
LOL!!! I love it! (glad you made it home safely!)
Perfectly captured. Especially loved the music. I thought maybe the insane traffic was a Southeast Asian thing, but turns out it's just the Viets. Cambodians actually used their brakes, and we haven't heard a single horn the whole time we've been in Laos. Good luck and we'll pray for you each night.
Oh my goodness! That is pure craziness! I would never go anywhere, you guys are so brave!
Be still my heart. At first I couldn't believe that you were actually stepping out into the traffic!!!! My guess is that you didn't have kids in tow at the same time. What an experience! Love you, Mom
I just laughed SO hard at this! And I can't believe you found the theme song to go along!
Post a Comment